2021 Race Reports

All images images below credited to Huw Williams except for TW1 photo of Gabby taken by Lisa!

Flora wins.jpg
The start.jpg
Lead group on climb.jpg
2nd group.jpg
Group shot.jpg

Race 1 - Banbury

Sunday 23rd May


Report by Jon Miles

Flora Perkins, VC Londres, won the first open air British Team Cup race held on the famous Edge Hill course near Banbury organised by Michael Gillett and the Banbury Star CC.

It was cold with a raw wind blowing that later blew harder, rain was a constant problem but mostly it held off until the last part of the race.

The race started at a good pace and it was unfortunate that a crash in the first of three laps totally disrupted a day’s racing for many riders and there were tales of what might have been later.

A group of about 18 led the race on this tough course with its 110 vertical metres and its 15% Edge Hill, these were the riders who had avoided the crash or who had managed to get back up and continue. It was then a race of the strongest and on that final 200 metres to the line it was Flora who took the win in front of Danielle  Shrosbee, Team LDN with third placed Nicole Coates, Weston Homes-Torelli.

A note...new mum Victoria Strila thankfully avoided the crash pictured here with team mate Gabby Nordin who managed to get back on and regain ...blood dripping down her arm...

both TW1


Race 2 - Loughborough

Monday 31st May

Photo Gallery to be updated...


Report by Jon Miles

“I am not a good sprinter” said winner Beth Morrow, "on the final lap Lucy said I should go for it on the climb to get away and if I was caught she would go but it works really well, I loved the course even the corners were fast, it was technical but very rideable”.
Beth had also raced the day before at Redbridge taking a 4th place.

This was the second British Women’s Team Cup but held during a day long Loughborough Festival of Cycling superbly organised by first timer Phill Maddocks on a perfect day. This was also a race in memory of local Loughborough Uni rider Jose Gilbert who tragically died at such a young age.

The race started at a fast pace on this tough course so after a couple of laps a group of 12 prised free from a strung out bunch never to be caught as they eventually lapped the whole field.
With 11 laps covered the lead group was down to 6 riders as the fast pace hurt so many legs.

The leaders were taking 2 minutes 30 seconds to cover a lap which was 10 or so seconds faster than the chasing bunch.

On the final corner as the crowd gave voice it was a one, two for Storey Racing.